We will be recruiting to a number of Governance Advisor positions in Centre of Government institutions – Presidents’ and Prime Ministers’ offices; cross-government co-ordination offices; and strategy, policy and delivery units, as well as within Priority Ministries. These include:
- Finance and Investment – individuals with experience of economic planning, project finance, innovative public finance models, donor and financier coordination, and/or securing access to finance for the private sector and farmers. We are also seeking individuals with experience of the ICT and innovation industry.
- Energy/Power Sector – individuals with government, consulting or industry experience in the electricity sector, e.g. in energy policy, the performance of energy utilities, public-private partnerships, and the management of power generation and distribution projects.
- Transport Infrastructure – individuals with government, consulting or industry experience in e.g. the performance of infrastructure ministries and agencies, public-private partnerships, project management and oversight of major infrastructure projects in developing countries.
- Private Sector Development – individuals with experience in investment facilitation/ promotion, business linkages and value chain coordination, managing investment deals in emerging market economies and/or delivering organisational change.
- Agriculture – individuals with experience in value chain development, investment appraisal, and business planning and market analysis. Experience in emerging market economies preferred.
AGI seeks to create multi-disciplinary teams and are particularly interested in candidates with experience planning and delivery, performance management processes; change management, executive/private office support to a senior leader; or government and strategic communications. Governance Advisors within Priority Ministries will be expected to demonstrate experience of working with the senior leadership to develop planning and implementation capacity.
Candidates who speak fluent French and/or Portuguese, will be prioritized for roles in our Francophone and Lusophone countries.
For any of our roles, experience of living and working in developing countries is desirable but not essential.